Panel debate: Are PHE’s sugar reduction targets achievable?
16:35 - 17:15
- What would help manufacturer’s achieve more – what’s working and what are the challenges?
- Is sugar reduction resulting in calorie reduction?
- Is there any activity to reduce sweetness, not just sugar?
- Are lower sugar choices sufficiently visible and available in Retail and Out of Home?
- What needs to be done to restrict unhealthy promotions and prevent upselling?
- Has the sugar reduction agenda created a new market – reduced sugar but not diet products?
- How much of an issue is “clean” labelling – consumers say they want “clean”, but purchasing data suggests it’s not a major influencer – to what extent is manufacturing and retail influencing or driving “clean” labels?
- How are consumers responding to portion size changes?
- Kate Halliwell Nutrition and Health Manager - Food and Drink Federation
- Dr. Jyotsna Vohra Head of Policy Reearch Centre for Prevention - Cancer Research UK
- Orlando Wood Chief Innovation Officer - System1
- Rachel Bradford Nutrition and Scientific Affairs - IGD
- Kate Nicholls Chief Executive - Association Licenced Multiple Retailers (ALMR)
- Tanya Haffner Dietitian and Director of Public Health and Nutrition Affairs - Nutrilicious
« Back to previous page